Thursday, August 7, 2008

Technial Difficulties

Yeah, yeah, I know that I haven't updated my blog in over a week..BUT my hard drive died not long after we left Paris, so I've been unconnected from the internet for the most part. Fortunately during that time Jane, Abby, and Renee were with me in Bordeaux and we got to see some cool places and spend some much needed time together. During that time, Taylor hit some excellent workouts and hit some PR times in training. Everything is going along very, very well with Taylor's prep for Beijing. The weather was pretty good most of the time, and we even got in a trip to the beach, which was nice. The traffic to get there was a little bit of a nightmare, but fortunately didn't delay the trip too long. We went to Arcachon, just south of Bordeaux. It was nice and hot that day, and my back got completely cooked. Taylor's friend, Gabe, also came along with the 4 of us...making for a fun trip. On Saturday we went to the old Mediaval town of St. Emillion (great wines come from there, by the way) and then had our final supper together until I return in August. On Sunday morning I took the girls to the Bordeaux train station as they started the long trek home (TGV train from Bordeaux to Paris; flight from Paris to Reykjavic, Iceland; change planes then fly to Minneapolis; stay overnight in hotel in MN; and then finally fly home to Denver, and then finally home - or in Jane's case right to work. Though it was a long trip home for them, they might it without too many hassles. I'm jealous of Jane now, as she's sleeping in our bed...while I'm on the road for another two weeks. I have to give lots of credit to Jane for taking care of Abby (and Renee) this whole time - thanks Love! For now, it's off to Beijing!

No comments: