Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Abby!

Happy Birthday Abby!




Today is my daughter Abby's 2nd birthday! It's very hard to be away, but we did get to celebrate her birthday on July 4th and also again on the 6th before I left. As I mentioned in an earlier post I got Abby a sweet new Specialized Hotwalk for her birthday.

A really lucky thing also happened on Friday July 4th. We took Abby to a fun kid's bike parade in downtown Boulder to celebrate the 4th and Abby's birthday. Jane's brother Michael came down from Evergreen to hang out with us, and without either Jane or I knowing about it he signed Abby up for a raffle to win a new bike. When the announcer called out the name "Abby", I thought...wow, some other lucky Abby just won a new bike. Instead, Michael ran up to the folks running the raffle and surprised us by asking us to go get Abby. Here are some shots with Abby and her other new bike - it probably will be a year until she's big enough for it, but thanks again to University Bikes! Abby's already got a nice fleet of bikes: Radio Flyer scooter, Specialized Hot Walk and Hot Rock, and a Giant Trike...almost as many bikes as dad's got.


No comments: