Monday, July 14, 2008

Ups and Downs


There are good days, like Saturday, and then there are other ones. As I'm checking through my emails getting ready for bed I got one that was hard to read. I began coaching Jamie Whitmore in November of 2006 and helped her through last season. She won the US Professsional XTERRA circuit, won the USA Championships and set a course record in early October, and then took 3rd at the XTERRA World Championships in late October last year. During the race she was suffering from some hamstring cramping on the bike. Unfortunately, the cramping was related to a tumor that was discovered several months later. Jamie is one of the strongest and most tenacious athletes that I've had the pleasure to work with, and my thoughts go out to her. You can read more at her website at: http://www.jamiewhitmore.com/ Please send your good thoughts to Jamie. All of this makes me realize how important it is to live every day to it's fullest - enjoy everything that you do, and take nothing for granted.

No comments: